To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.” Isaiah 61:3
Do you know those days that you want to give up? Life has taken another twist and you are blindsided once again with circumstances that are out of your control.
Maybe there are days when your faith in the Lord surprises you, then other days you may crawl into bed, cover yourself in blankets, and try to sleep your stress away. Have you ever listened to music or watched a show for hours because you did not want to be left in silence. If I’m honest, I’ve been there and I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed.
You Are Not Alone
Whatever you are going through, you are not alone. Let me repeat that… you are not alone. Even when it feels like you are clothed in a cloak of loneliness, there is a garment of praise God wants to give you for a spirit of heaviness. It’s simple to write, isn’t it? Accept God’s garment of praise. But how?
1 Peter 5:7 says, “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
How do we cast all of our cares upon God?
- Write your cares on a piece of paper.
- For instance, if you are worried about finances, write on a piece of paper what your needs are.
- Example: Lord, I need $2000 to pay rent/my kids need new clothes/ we need groceries.
- Then take that piece of paper to prayer with you and lay it down on the altar and leave it there.
- This is a tangible act of faith that has spiritual benefits. When I have done this I felt an emotional release when I laid my written cares down before the Lord.
- Another thing to do is: On a separate piece of paper write down as many scriptures you can find about your situation: i.e.: faith, finances, fear, provision, heartache, healing, etc. and pray them out loud, declaring the word of the Lord.
Prayer: Lord, you see me right now and You care. Help me to live in a place of peace that is free from anxiety. And when things happen outside of my control, help me to turn to you first. I give (fill in the blank) to You right now and will leave it at Your feet.