Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Ephesians 6:16
The shield of faith, along with the other pieces of the armor of God, is vital to our spiritual longevity. This defensive weapon not only shields us from the enemies attack, but it is a weapon of versatility and power.
When our flesh or a voice of oppression says, “this is too hard for God.” Faith says, “Nothing is too hard for the Lord.” When the enemy says, “Your family member will never serve God,” faith says, “It’s not God’s will that any should perish, but that all should comes to repentance.”
Hebrews 11 records men and women who possessed exemplary faith in God. Keep in mind that what the Lord did in the past, He will do again because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8)!
- We understand the creation
- Abel offered a more excellent sacrifice
- Enoch was translated
- Noah prepared an ark
- Abraham went out into an inheritance
- Sara received strength to conceive
- Abraham offered up Isaac
- Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau
- Jacob blessed the sons of Joseph
- Moses was hid of his parents from Pharaoh
- Moses refused to be called the son of Pharaoh
- Moses kept the Passover
- The Israelites passed through the Red Sea
- The walls of Jericho fell down
- The harlot Rahab perished not
- They subdued kingdoms
- Wrought righteousness
- Obtained promises
- Stopped the mouths of lions
- Quenched the violence of fire
- Escaped the edge of the sword
- Out of weakness were made strong
- Waxed valiant in fight
- Turned to flight the armies of the aliens
- Received their dead raised to life again
- Faith conquers the world.
If you are in a battle today, and chances are that you’ve been fighting in one for a while, be encouraged! You do not have to walk on the battlefield alone and unprepared. Instead, you have a God who will fight with you and fight for you and He has given us the tools to be victorious.
We are spiritual warriors today, but we do not fight in our flesh, we fight in the spirit. So, lets put on the whole armor of God today and engage in a spiritual battle for our own soul, and for our family, city, and loved ones.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12
Comments are closed.