Joshua 10:12, Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
Joshua was not satisfied with a partial victory — he wanted to see a complete victory, so he prayed an impossible prayer.
Joshua 10:14, And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the Lord hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the Lord fought for Israel.
The sun stood still and the moon stopped for 24 hours.
A Few Facts:
(Taken from Indescribable: Louie Giglio and Matt Redman)
- Our 24 hour clock time is based on the earth’s rotation, which takes approximately 24 hours to complete.
- The earth right now, as I’m writing, is orbiting around the sun, which will take about one year to complete.
- As the earth obits the sun, the moon is orbiting the earth.
- The Sun’s relationship with Earth is just right to sustain life on our planet.
- The moon is just the right size to cause the Earth to tilt at 23.4 degrees, bringing both winter and summer to the planet.
- Every natural element in our solar system has been created with exact precision to give us a habitual climate on Earth.
- The earth, the universe declares the majesty of ALMIGHTY GOD.
In the natural realm, if the earth stops rotating on its axis, then gravity would be severely disrupted. Scientists suggest if this ever happened, that everything on planet earth would float up to space and that it would have devastating consequences.
However, we do not only serve a God who operates in the natural realm. We serve a god who moves within the realm of the supernatural.
We serve a God who can speak the world into existence, and also command the Earth to halt rotating and command the sun and every other external circumstance to refrain from causing a catastrophic destruction… all because ONE MAN HAD FAITH TO PRAY AND IMPOSSIBLE PRAYER.
Joshua prays that God would reverse the laws of nature and God hearkens to his petition and preforms a miracle beyond anything the world has ever experienced and will ever experience again.
Sometimes, we have to put our human reasoning aside and depend on the word of God.
My faith should never be contingent on the natural realm, but on the power of ALMIGHTY GOD.
I do not want to govern my life with natural phenomenon’s.
This is the power that we have today, not in ourselves, but in God. It is time to walk in the authority of the Lord and begin to pray for things that are impossible for us to accomplish, but with God, He is more than able. He can do anything.