From the first day that I enrolled my oldest daughter (and two more following) in Kindergarten, I have felt blessed with good schools here in Hawaii.
We have had God-fearing principals that asked for prayer as well as teachers that share moral life principles with their students.
This year is different, however. As my daughters have shared conversations their classmates have had and I listened in shock to the subjects that were discussed, something became quite clear to me.
As the end of time draws nearer and Satan works feverishly around the clock, the children of the world are exposed to more and more ungodliness. So many of their parents are involved in drugs, prostitution, promiscuity and pornography. Therefore, their children (the classmates of my children) bring such filth and debauchery to school – not just in their minds, but it becomes a part of their conversations. Hence, my children have been exposed to such raw sin that they would otherwise have no knowledge.
Unfortunately, private school is not an option at this time. Home schooling is not possible. What is a protective mother to do?
I have two opportunities which I feel determined to accomplish.
- Make sure that I continually present the principles of the Word of God in a manner that my children can understand and appreciate them. They must know what it takes to please the Father.
- I must make sure to provide a safe covering and hedge of protection in prayer for each of them.
- I can pray a covering over their ears when their teachers teach untruths that collide with the principles of the Word of God as well as the knowledge to know the difference.
- I can pray that their classmates find themselves uncomfortable in talking “trash” in the presence of my children.
- I can pray (and give guidance) that my children will have an answer to give when someone tries to share ungodly speech and actions with them.
The state of the world grows worse each day. Mark 13:20 says, “And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved.”
The Lord is coming soon. We are often uncomfortable with the sin that is on display today, but is it so bad that we are praying “Come Lord Jesus” yet? How bad will it get before we find ourselves so grieved, that we are ready to go to be with the Lord.
We have a God who has great saving and keeping power!
Time spent on our knees – or in a closet alone – gives us access to that power. Let us set aside time each month to ensure that our children are covered…and protected in prayer.
Submitted by Debbie Sanders (reprinted by permission from the Daughters of Zion e-Newsletter. Sign-up for the free monthly newsletter at ladiesministries.org/daughters_of_zion.asp)