Nightingales are famous for their exquisite melodies sung in the night hours. Did you know that another meaning for the word “burden” is a chorus, melody, song, tune? Burden is also a musical term. Our bag of burdens has a song in it!
The Bible makes several references to songs in the night; the dark seasons of life; singing through the burdens of life:
Psalm 42:8, “The LORD will send His faithful love by day; His song will be with me in the night.” Psalm 77:6, “I will remember my song in the night; I will meditate with my heart.” Job 35:10 (God’s Word version), “But no one asks, “Where is God, my Creator, who inspires songs in the night.”
The Bible tells us to encourage one another by psalms and hymns and spiritual songs (Colossians 3:16).
- Night songs of praise helps us find peace.
- Night songs of praise help us feel His everlasting love.
- Night songs of praise help us know God better.
- Night songs of praise help us rest, and renew our mind through God.
- Night songs of praise help us appreciate the blessings and gifts we have from God.
- Night songs of praise help us have a greater hope in our God who is able to overcome any discouragement.
Christians who thrive learn to sing night songs!
Prayer: “Precious Lord, take my hand, Lead me on, let me stand. I am tired, I am weak, I am worn. Through the storm, through the night, Lead me on to the light;Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home.” -written by Thomas Dorsey
Devotion by Julie Long