But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth, Acts 1:8.
Most Christians love to quote Acts 1:8, and for good reason, it’s a great scripture. A lot of times we focus on receiving the power the Holy Ghost has to offer. We most certainly need the power of God, but why?
Why does God desire to give us His power?
The reason why God gives ‘power’ in Acts 1:8 is so we can be a witness.
We are commissioned by God to be a witness to the uttermost parts of the earth—it is a command and it is the very heartbeat of God.
At church, we usually are sowing seeds to the saved. Sowing seeds to the saved is not wrong because every person needs to hear the word of the Lord, but to harvest a new crop, we need to sow our seeds to the lost and unsaved. We need to go to the uttermost parts of the earth. Perhaps, the uttermost part of the earth is across the street to your neighbor, or maybe it’s someone you meet at a store, or it could also be someone you meet on vacation. There are people everywhere who need Jesus.
Today, let’s operate in the power of Almighty God; not for ourselves, but to be a witness to a lost world who needs to be found.
Some Ways On How To Be A Witness:
- Share your testimony.
- If you’re in a check-out line, say, “God, bless you,” to the cashier.
- Share the gospel and the love of God.
- If someone at work, a stranger in the store, or a friend who is a non-believer begins to share a problem in their life ask, “do you mind if I pray with you about this situation right now?” Take them gently be the hand (if it’s appropriate) and pray a sincere prayer.
- Invite someone to dinner at your home for wholesome fellowship.
- If you know someone is sick, ask to pray with them.
- If someone needs groceries, go to the store and leave food on their doorstep.
Let me know more ways in the comments below on how to be a witness. What have you done, or what has someone done for you that has made a huge impact?