Ecclesiastes 3:2 “A time to be born and a time to die…” (Ecclesiastes 3:2 in the King James Version of the Holy Bible.)
I think I know why they call the senior years “the golden years”. It’s because it takes all the gold you have to pay for your prescription drugs!
Here are some thoughts on growing old gracefully:
- This is a segment of time (a season) we all are allotted by God. Since we don’t know how long we will live, we must do what we can as long as God allows. It is a window of opportunity to gather knowledge and information so that we can help those we come in contact with.
- Only the golden years can produce experience and wisdom that the younger generation can learn from. We are important to the generations behind us. They are looking for cues and ideas that the aging process produces.
- Children will keep you thinking young. They have a way of harnessing you to their wonderful make believe world.
- Make laughter a part of each day. Laughing at yourself is a grace builder.
- Count your blessings and not your blisters. Remember, many are not blessed with longevity having their life cut short by disease. Celebrate life everyday! This will help you grow old gracefully.
Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for giving me the gift of life. Keep me celebrating everyday fully! In Jesus Name! Amen!
Devotion by Kaye Singleton